Welcome to maschinenfilm Motion Control Photography
This website contains an overview about my work in the film business throughout Germany and is almost focusing on facts concerning my work with motion controlled cameras.
Robotic is not new, yet a sustainable and continually developing field of technology within the film industry. Presently we see a lot of game changing moves affected by future technologies. These changes happen rapidly and do have direct impact on how we use visual content in web or entertainment. Already we are seeing VR, Gaming and Film merging more and more, and this transformation is perhaps one of the most significant to occur in motion storytelling over the previous hundred years.
Motion control robotic in film is well known for some of the old-school looking tricks like multiplying a person or a crowd, changing foreground/ background and another element or something else. Today some of those are going to get achieved easily via software and with the help of crazily changing camera technology. There are extensive steps into virtual shooting to admire. So this could mean nobody will want or need to move a camera by robots anymore on a film set in the near future?
Actually it’s quite the opposite. I´m sure there are a whole lot of usages for cameras on robots in a creative and cost effective way – now more so than ever. However more time needs to be invested researching and building on our present knowledge, harnessing and leveraging these techniques effectively and making them future proof. Here on this website I will try to share some insight into what motion control is actually doing, and point to the tendencies I see where this technology can be applied and greatly benefit production. Ultimately, true professionals realize that really stunning, unbelievable VFX shots – the moments that captivate audiences in wonder – are achieved almost in a combination of real shot and C.G. imagery.
I´m experienced in Film Business for over 20 years. My 1st contact to Motion Control was 2005. Since then I´m operating different Rigs made by Mark Roberts Motion Control London. In front of a background as an Artist, I´m always focusing to understand the clients wants and needs intelligently. The main efford is being creative to make their way to use Motion Control as easy and affordable as possible, so that they go with a happy experience once the job is done.
- The New CLSCase Study by Mark Roberts Motion Control …about the creative and technical aspects of shooting the new Mercedes Benz CLS with a full rigged Motion- Control- Studio Environment in Berlin located Hangar Studios. Read the case study. “The new CLS” was conceived by the customer and the creative team as an emotional, indulgent journey across […]
- Try 3 different dogs to resist panic made by a Milo…httpss://youtu.be/k13Nwr5Jmrc Samsung Premium UHDTV Commercial shoot in Vilnius / Lithuania Spring 2018 The idea: A floor in a skyscraper in some big city. Two apartments next to each other, the same size but different furnishings. In both apartments, the residents are watching TV, of course, on different TVs … The camera moves centrally to the […]
- BWT Perla TV Sporthttpss://youtu.be/P93zO2dD2b8 Shooting of a Commercial for BWT in Vienna with Milo Long Arm Spring 2018 The idea: Dead straight, fast camera moves in front of a sliced house from one room to another, vertically and horizontally (dollhouse effect). The stage was only one room of course, the art work was made in CG completely. Of […]
- General Elektriks “Different Blue”a really true multilayer- shot… Fall 2017 This is an older one, but we very like the clip, the Band, the Director… The video was shot as a 3- minutes- one- shot- sequence and illustrates a classic use of multilayer- shooting, where the heroes get multiplied and act with themselves. The video benefits especially from […]
- Sehsucht Reshoot 2019Adelholzener “Wasserspieler” freshly prepared … Winter 2018 At the beginning of the year 2018, we were involved in the shooting of the the new commercial for “Adelholzener”. The motion control system “Milo” played a major role on the shoots with Thomas Müller, Joshua Kimmich and Sebastian Rudy. The shoot was prepared by extensive tests in […]
Doing some freestyle with Motion Control inbetween paid jobs lacks almost from a budget on money as well as time. But I´m working on to make that gap a little smaller step by step. Doing so it´s a lot to learn and to move on with technology anyway, which helps to rise the overall skill level in that area consistently. At least there is a lot of fun to have with Motion Control that way…